Attention Employer of Records,
If you haven’t already, you should be receiving a letter in the mail from ODDS regarding two items (a letter and a check) that were recently mailed to Employer of Records in error.
Items sent in error:
(1) Oregon State Treasury sent a letter regarding action needed for OregonSaves. This letter was sent in error. Please disregard.
Any questions regarding OregonSaves can be directed to email@example.com or call 1-844-661-1256 from 7am to 7pm Monday through Friday.
(2) The Oregon Employment Department sent refund checks for employer taxes to Employer of Records. These checks were sent in error. DO NOT CASH.
If you received a check, the Oregon Employment Department would like for you to write, “VOID” on the check and return it to this address:
State of Oregon, Employment Department
Trust Clearing Account
875 Union Street NE
Salem Or 97311
If the employer fails to send back the check and ultimately deposits the funds, then the Employment Department will recoup the funds directly from the Employer of Record.
Tuesday, May 10th, 2022 @ 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
The Landing: a Senior Living Community
2490 NW Edenbower Blvd
Roseburg, OR 97471
For adults on (or near) the autism spectrum who are searching for a safe place to discuss issues we face in Douglas County, OR.
Come join other post-high-school adults (ages 18+) with an Asperger/autism spectrum or similar neuro-divergent profile in an atmosphere of support and understanding.
We meet, talk about life on the spectrum and how we can improve our lives in Douglas County, OR.
- Starting Tuesday, April 19th, 2022, repeats every week on Tuesday until Tuesday, January 31, 2023 @ 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
This message is for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and family members or guardians who employ personal support workers (PSWs).
If you have PSWs supporting you at home, you can:
- Choose your providers
- Share your preferences with your providers
- Ask if your providers are vaccinated
- Ask for proof that your providers are vaccinated
It is okay to ask your provider if they are vaccinated, but your provider could choose not to answer.
Talking about vaccination status can be hard. Ask for support from a trusted friend, family member, or your case manager. If recruiting a new provider, it’s important to share your preferences and any qualifications, including around vaccinations.
If you have any questions, reach out to your Personal Agent (case manager) and they can support you. You can also check out resources from BOLI, including tips for employers.
As you may be aware, starting Sept 1, 2021, PSWs will be required to complete specific trainings to be credentialed as a provider and to maintain credentials.
This rule is a result of Senate Bill 1534, which sets training standards for all DD PSWs.
Here is what you need to know:
Starting September 1, 2021, all new providers MUST:
- complete the 4-hour PSW/HCW Orientation before they can
receive their SPD provider ID number and be credentialed as a DD PSW provider for the first time.
- complete two 4-hour PSW Core Basics trainings (total of 8 hours) within 120 days after completing their PSW Orientation,
- complete a total of 12 hours of PSW Continuing Education trainings every 2 years from the completion of their PSW Orientation, to continue to be credentialed
EXISTING/CURRENTLY CREDENTIALED PROVIDERS
As of March 1, 2022, all incumbent PSW providers (existing/currently
credentialed and working as a DD PSW prior to 9/1/2021) MUST:
- complete 8 hours of PSW Core Basics Refresher training by March 1, 2022, to remain credentialed as a PSW provider,
- complete a total of 12 hours of PSW Continuing Education trainings every 2 years from the completion of their PSW Core Basics Refresher, to continue to be credentialed and work as a PSW provider ongoing
For more information, refer to the attached guide or visit the Carewell website at https://www.carewellseiu503.org/
- Link for PSW Orientation: https://carewellseiu503portal.org/#/public-dashboard
- Link for Training (New Worker): https://www.carewellseiu503.org/training/new-workers/
- Link for Training (Current Worker): https://www.carewellseiu503.org/training/current-workers/
Impact Oregon is a new website to connect job seekers with careers in the developmental disabilities field.
Check out the video below: