As you may be aware, starting Sept 1, 2021, PSWs will be required to complete specific trainings to be credentialed as a provider and to maintain credentials.
This rule is a result of Senate Bill 1534, which sets training standards for all DD PSWs.
Here is what you need to know:
Starting September 1, 2021, all new providers MUST:
- complete the 4-hour PSW/HCW Orientation before they can
receive their SPD provider ID number and be credentialed as a DD PSW provider for the first time.
- complete two 4-hour PSW Core Basics trainings (total of 8 hours) within 120 days after completing their PSW Orientation,
- complete a total of 12 hours of PSW Continuing Education trainings every 2 years from the completion of their PSW Orientation, to continue to be credentialed
EXISTING/CURRENTLY CREDENTIALED PROVIDERS
As of March 1, 2022, all incumbent PSW providers (existing/currently
credentialed and working as a DD PSW prior to 9/1/2021) MUST:
- complete 8 hours of PSW Core Basics Refresher training by March 1, 2022, to remain credentialed as a PSW provider,
- complete a total of 12 hours of PSW Continuing Education trainings every 2 years from the completion of their PSW Core Basics Refresher, to continue to be credentialed and work as a PSW provider ongoing
For more information, refer to the attached guide or visit the Carewell website at https://www.carewellseiu503.org/
- Link for PSW Orientation: https://carewellseiu503portal.org/#/public-dashboard
- Link for Training (New Worker): https://www.carewellseiu503.org/training/new-workers/
- Link for Training (Current Worker): https://www.carewellseiu503.org/training/current-workers/